Tuesday, October 30, 2007

procrastination

I have a physical therapy appointment tomorrow. When I called to make the arrangements, the nice lady on the phone suggested I bring workout clothes and assured me that they have towels and showers available. Very nice, I said.

"Oh, and it'll be about an hour and a half to two hours long."

What? When I do anything that requires "workout clothes," it's never longer than an hour. Even 45 minutes makes me feel virtuous. I'm going to be working on straightening my knee. One knee. I'll be exercising a knee for two hours. Quite frightening. Perhaps after this surgery I'll have a knee with Jedi-like powers. A superhero knee.

One of my favourite bits of The Darjeeling Limited was the slow-motion shot of Adrien Brody running for the train. He's graceful and interesting and you notice how the fabric of his suit flows just right and the way his fingers unfurl from the handle of his Louis Vuitton suitcase. I wondered if this fantastic detail was the result of incredible movement ability on Brody's part or simply the effect of slowing down the film. Thanks to this bit from the website, I've decided it's the later:


Which makes me want to drive down to the financial district and video business people on their way to work to see if everyone is interesting in slow motion.

No comments: