Wednesday, September 10, 2008

books with pictures

Had a most excellent and diverting afternoon. Went to class, which was hot and airless and very, very difficult, but also good (even braved the dreaded pointe shoes for a few exercises). Then my sister and I had lunch with the lovely Heather. We ate really delicious Chicago style pizza, and then went for equally delicious ice cream and a walk past a picture book that had been stuck up on a wall with all the other posters advertising albums and movies.

We found the cover on the other side of the wall:

And were wondering what a picture book was doing on a wall anyway, when we saw this:


Also went into a comic book shop that collects illustrated toilet lids and hangs them around the perimeter of the space. The sheer number of stories and pictures was slightly overwhelming, but there was this guy with the most amazing Tim Burton hair and pinstriped suit who seemed to really know his books. Enthusiastic people make me happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why, that sounds like you went to Isotope, and met James Sime. I used to post on the forum he started on Delphi back when he first opened up shop.

--E. J.

Megan Kurashige said...

Why, E.J., I do believe you're right. :) It was my first time in the store, and I didn't have the time to browse properly, but I'll definitely be going back.