Sunday, April 5, 2009

congratulations to eighteen brave and irrepresible adventurers

I meant to do this a while ago, but in my usual slapdash way, am coming to the party a bit late.

Congratulations to the lovely people going to Clarion 2009! You are in for an insane, wonderful, and incredibly useful six weeks.

Going to Clarion last year was one of the luckiest things I've ever done. I didn't know anything about it. I had never taken a writing course, never gone to a workshop, never thought of myself as someone who writes. I was a dilettante (horror!), and when I got my first stack of stories to read, I had a creeping suspicion that I was in over my head.

Which I was. But in the best, most thrilling, way imaginable.

Some advice here. And wise words from my companions in inspirational drowning: Kathleen, E.J., Ferrett, and Damien.

Congratulations. Have fun. Be amazing.

No comments: