Thursday, June 18, 2009

a few things without much commentary

A video of pastry performing a bit of La Traviata. My sister found this while trying to determine whether the strange film of animated hands dancing to Lakme by Delibes was a figment of our overactive imaginations.

Another video, this time a super brief clip of Glen David Gold discussing Sunnyside (his new novel, which is a vast mash up of many things, including war, lighthouses, and Charlie Chaplin). I had to film this with my tiny point and shoot camera. The bookstore hasn't quite figured out what to do with the clips we collect. I know there are some more of other interesting writers, but I don't think you can see them anywhere yet (lame).

The first chapter of Catherynne Valente's The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making. I adore serialized fiction.

Excitement! DV8 Physical Theatre is coming to the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. The Cost of Living was the first dance film that made me realise that, when done right, dance on film can say certain things that dance in a theater can't. They are brilliant.

That is all. I have to wake up early tomorrow if I hope to get to ballet class, otherwise known as exquisite torture/satiating yearning. All the things that you want to be and all the things that you are, bashed up with sweating and grumpy muscles and unreliable will.

No comments: