Wednesday, July 29, 2009

something nice

So, to make up for the grumpiness of last post, let me share with you some things that have made me happy in the last 24 hours:

Fabulous interview with Shaun Tan (glorious creator of The Arrival and Tales From Outer Suburbia) on Bookslut.

Story from the Guardian that Yann Martel will have a new book coming out next year. The story (holocaust allegory with donkey and monkey in tow) sounds a bit improbable, but I so enjoyed Life of Pi that I don't care and will look forward to it with glee.

A short film that reminds me of some picture books that I used to read.

A dance film that is sexy and gorgeous and not lame.

So, a small quartet of things nice and pleasant and not grumpy at all (except maybe the black snake, but snakes can't help being hungry).

No comments: