Tuesday, November 11, 2008

writing, as an archaeological dig, with pickaxe

I'm really tired. It's not even midnight and I am so ready to drop into bed and sleep like a lump of undreaming rock.

But, somehow, magically, there has been writing. There has been writing every day for nearly a week. Writing on the same story, but not the same beginning over and over. It is going very slowly, glacially even, but I've closed one door and walked into another part of the story and things are still happening. It is even entertaining me.

Now if only I can get to the part that goes, "THE END."

I am now going to read a Michael Moorcock story, because I've never read a Moorcock story before and it seems like an adventurous sort of thing to do when all you have energy for is keeping your head above the blankets on your bed.

3 comments:

Kat Howard said...

Hurrah! Go Megan's writing! I am so happy to hear this.

Graeme K Talboys said...

What kat said.

I'm a writer, a lifelong Mike Moorcock fan, and a friend I've written a couple of books with used to be a dancer.

So, yay to you.

Megan Kurashige said...

Thanks!
The Moorcock is pretty entertaining so far. It's "The Case of The Nazi Canary."